Meeting the English language requirements for a Biochemistry PhD at Otago
If your first language is not English you must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of English language proficiency.
The English language tests we recognise are as follows:
- University of Otago Foundation Studies Ltd: Completion of 'English for Postgraduate Academic Purposes' with a grade of C or higher.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5 in the academic module (with no individual band below 6.0).
- Paper-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 587 with TWE (Test of Written English) 4.5.
- Internet-based TOEFL score of 95 with a minimum writing score of 22.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) minimum of 50.
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) minimum of 58.
The University of Otago TOEFL institution code is: 9483.